. . . for clinic analysers
As one of the growing number of clinics who have installed their own analyser, you will be aware of the need for quality control (QC) of your test results in order to feel confident in your analyser and the service you are providing to your clients. It is likely that you run commercial QC samples regularly, as recommended by the provider of your analyser.
Regular QC checks enable you to build up a history of your instrument’s repeatability, enhancing your confidence in the instrument, and alerting you when your analyser may be drifting or requires servicing.
In order to support your internal QC checks, Gribbles Veterinary offers an external quality assurance (QA) programme allowing you to compare the accuracy of your results with other participating clinics and our network of laboratories
The Gribbles Veterinary QA programme represents a cost effective option for clinic’s wishing to adopt best practice with regard to the use of POC devices.
QA Programme details:
· Ten QA samples per year will be sent to your clinic for testing.
· You test the sample according to your normal testing protocol and record your results online.
· Results for each analyte tested will be collated and a report will be available online (or by email if preferred).
· Reports include a short summary for each analyte, along with graphical representation of your performance. You can see at a glance how your results compare with your analyser group and with all results (including all Gribbles laboratories).
· If your results show significant variance from the group mean, we are available to help you identify possible causes, and offer advice on corrective actions.
At any time you can send a duplicate sample to our laboratory for confidence checks or whenever your results don’t appear correct. Results will be provided in the same format as patient results.
To participate in this QA programme, simply contact your local Gribbles Veterinary laboratory or complete the application form available online (programme pricing can be found in our current price book).