Note: Care must be taken to avoid aerosolisation of zoonotic diseases such as Chlamydophila (Psittacosis) and Mycobacteriosis. Wearing a mask with approriate levels of protection is advised.
- Weigh, external appearance
- Reflect legs
- Reflect skin
- Pectoral muscles
- Remove or reflect keel bone and pectorals. Airsacs
- Reflect liver, spleen, alimentary tract (GIT). Examine liver, spleen.
- Remove beak- turbinates. Infraorbital sinuses.
- Oral cavity, choanal cleft
- Oesophagus and crop
- Larynx and trachea
- Reproductive tract
- Kidneys, adrenal glands
- Sciatic nerve, brachial plexus
- Spine, head, brain
- Joints, tendons, section bone, snap long bones
- GIT- proventriculus, gizzard, SI (Meckels diverticulum), pancreas, caecae (lymph tissue)
- Lymphoid system- thymus, Bursa of Fabricius
Recommended reference books:
- Poultry Diseases, 4th or 5th edn, Jordan, F.
- A colour atlas of diseases of the domestic foal and turkey, Ranadall, C.J., 1985