Per instructions from the government for employees to work from home where possible, most of our Pathologists are doing just that. This means we have decreased capability for post-mortem services at all laboratories.
Our previous communication requested that you phone the laboratory PRIOR to sending in bodies for post-mortem examination. Please see below for further guidelines:
– Post-mortem services are no longer available at any of our laboratories, except for extraordinary circumstances. Please call the laboratory before sending bodies and discuss with a Pathologist, our Pathologists will decide if a necropsy will proceed.
– We recommend Veterinarians perform necropsies in-house or on-farm and submit samples to your local laboratory for further testing.
– Where a Veterinarian is not available to do necropsy e.g. SPCA, please call the laboratory and talk to a Pathologist, our Pathologists will decide if a necropsy will proceed.
– Deferred necropsies can be frozen at your premises with the understanding that histology samples will be compromised when a post-mortem is finally performed.
– Any necropsies submitted to the laboratory without prior Pathologist consultation will be disposed of at your expense or can be retrieved. Clients will be notified on submission.
Thank you for your help and understanding during these extraordinary times.
0800 GRIBBLES – www.gribblesvets.co.nz