We are updating the feline and canine reference intervals for our new state-of-the-art haematology analysers. In addition, we are working on reference intervals for new assays in development and new methods for existing assays. In order to achieve these goals, we need your help.
What we require:
1x EDTA blood and 1x serum (ideally a full 3mL serum tube) from each healthy individual. EDTA samples must be filled to the correct level in the tube.
What you get in return:
A CBC and biochemistry screen will be provided as a baseline minimum database for your healthy patient.
Criteria for inclusion:
– The animals must be healthy (e.g. staff pet, in for routine check-up, vaccination or desexing). There should be no history of even vague abnormal clinical signs.
– Not on any medication and no history of vaccination within the last 2 weeks.
– Animal to be fasted prior to taking blood.
– Age range: 12 months to 10 years.
– No pregnant animals.
– Not from an SPCA or pound (full clinical history must be known).
– No prior history of azotaemia or previous renal injury/disease.
– No sighthounds please.
How to participate:
If you’re able to provide us with samples for these studies, and can meet all the requirements listed above, please quote the appropriate test code below on your submission form along with a brief reason why the animal presented in clinic. Results will be issued to you in the usual format.
CATS – REFCAT2020
DOGS – REFDOG2020
We thank you in advance for your support. If you have any questions regarding this study, please contact your local laboratory – 0800 GRIBBLES.